Sunday, September 28, 2014
@AtheistMission: I submit this name for all websites that drive traffic to lurid pictures of tattoos, Wal-Mart shoppers, awful selfies, etc: Postmodrivelogs
Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.
Posted by The Atheist Missionary at 12:11 PM
Saturday, September 13, 2014
I haven't posted here in a while so I thought I'd share this splendid view of the Yukon River (taken by me last Monday in Whitehorse).
I currently find myself slipping into apatheism (i.e. lack of interest towards belief or disbelief in a deity). If the Christian god or any other god(s) exist, it/they could easily choose to make their existence known to humanity. Aside from the evidential problem of evil, I believe that divine hiddenness is the toughest conundrum left for theists to crack.
I hope this finds those who continue to follow my occasional ramblings well.
Posted by The Atheist Missionary at 10:39 AM
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Thursday, March 20, 2014
American Philosopher Jason Thibodeau has come up with what I consider to be a tidy little argument as to why we can be certain that the Bible (at least in its entirety) is not the word of God. Here it is:
(1) God [at least as conceived by Christians] is omnibenevolent.
(2) An omnibenevolent being despises genocide, slavery, murder, etc. Thus,
(3) An omnibenevolent being would never command genocide. Thus,
(4) An omnibenevolent being would not want himself to be depicted as commanding genocide.
(5) The Bible contains passages in which God is depicted as commanding genocide. Thus,
(6) An omnibenevolent being does not want to be associated with the Bible (or at least those texts in which he is depicted as commanding atrocities or approving of them). Thus,
(7) The Bible is not the word of God.
Looks air tight to me. Anyone out there care to disagree?
Thursday, February 27, 2014
If anyone is aware of the apologetic answer to the theological objection tidily summed up in the graphic below, I'd love to hear it.
Posted by The Atheist Missionary at 9:00 AM